Dormant Volcanoes are the active volcanoes which have not erupted for a very long time, and their last eruption time could be as far as 1000 years ago. Unlike Extinct Volcanoes they have the possibilities for erupting in future. They are “Sleeping Volcanoes” as they can erupt in future.
Here is the list of those 5 beautiful Volcanic Mountains which were formed due to volcanic eruption. In these mountains you can enjoy the hiking to the best :
- Mount Kilimanjaro : It is a dormant volcanic mountain in Tanzania. It stands at 5,895 metres (19,341 ft). It is the highest mountain in Africa. It is composed of three distinct volcanic cones : Kibo, at 5,895 metre, Mawenzi at 5,149 metre, and Shira at 3,962 metre. It is easy to climb at Mt. Kilimanjaro, due to this, it is a major destination for mountaineers and trekkers for hiking around the world. It can be visited any time of the year, but the best time for hiking is from January to early April and from July to early November.
- Mount Elbrus : It is the dormant volcanic mountain in Russia, in the western Caucasus mountain range. It is the highest peak in Russia. It comprises of two summits both of them are dormant volcanic domes. The west summit stands at 5,642 metres (18,510 ft ), while the east summit stands at 5,621 metres (18,442 ft ). Though it is the highest summit of the Europe, it is one of the technically easiest mountain to climb of the highest peak on the continent. The best time for hiking at the Mt. Elbrus is in July and August, when the weather is in stable form.
- Mount Teide: It is a volcanic mountain in Spain, on the Tenerife in the Canary Island. It’s height is 3,718 metres (12,198 ft). It is the highest point in Spain. You can climb the Mt. Teide all year around but before and after the summers is the best time to visit there. April to May and September and Octobers are the best months for hiking the mountains. In winters from November till March, snow is pretty likely, the higher slopes are snow covered. While in summers it can be scorching hot.
- Mount Kea: It is dormant volcanic mountain on Hawaii Island. It is the highest point in the U.S. state of Hawaii. It means a “White Mountain”. In Hawaiian Mythology, Mount Kea is one of the most divine. Its height is 4,207 metres (13,803 ft). There is a severe weather especially during the winter months, when heavy storms commonly deposit several feet of snow. Minimum temperature at night in winters are -3°C to -4°C (25°F) and during daytime temperature are around 4.4°C (40°F) but chilled winds and high altitude can make it seem much colder. The weather is milder during April to November. Due to its high altitude, its upper atmosphere is isolated from the lower moist maritime air and ensures that the summit skies are pure, non polluted, and extremely dried. This phenomenon allows for truly exceptional sunset viewing.
- Mount Rainier : It is the gigantic stratovolcano, in the state of Washington, United States. It’s height is 4,392 metres (14,411 ft). It is considered to be the one of the most dangerous volcanoes in the world. Due to its large amount of glacial ice, Mount Rainier, could potentially produce huge lahars , that would threaten the whole Puyallup River Valley. Climbing on Mt. Rainier is difficult due to traversing the largest glaciers in the U.S. south of Alaska. It takes two to three days to climb to mountain. The climate here is generally cool and rainy. July and August are the sunniest month of the year, rain is possible any day, and very commonly in spring, fall and winter.