The landscape on Kilimanjaro is very beautiful. Apart from usual climbing to Mount Kilimanjaro, there are lot more to see near by and to do various activities at Tanzania. As Tanzania is home of Africa’s famous national parks and the awesome Mount Kilimanjaro. When visitors passes through Dar es Salaam and heading out on the safaris and viewing various wildlife adventures & those who want to take a break can spend some time soaking up the sun, in the beautiful beaches, or at an islands over there. You can enjoy adventurous activities like the scuba diving, snorkeling, e.t.c.
- Kilimanjaro National Park : It is a Tanzanian National Park. it covers an area of 1,688 square kilometre. The park is located near the city of Moshi. From this park you can see the whole of Mount Kilimanjaro above the tree line and the surrounding mountain forest belt above 1,820 metres. The best time to go there is from December to February, when the condition is clear and warm and from July to September when its dry and colder.There you can do day and overnight hikes at the Shira Plateau. Nature trails on the lower reaches, or you can do trout fishing, or you can visit the beautiful Chala crater lake on the mountain’s southern east slopes. You can find variety of animals in this park like the kilimanjaro tree hyrax, the grey duiker, the red duiker, the bushbuck, cape buffalo, elephant, blue monkey, leopards, etc.
- Serengeti National Park : It is one of the most famous parks of Africa. It is undoubtedly the worlds best known wildlife sanctuary in the world, unequalled for its natural beauty, and scientific value. It is featured in many documentaries and so stunningly beautiful. It is declared as UNESCO World Heritage Site. Its name comes from the Maasai language which means an “Extended Place”. It is home to the spectacular Wildebeest migration and offers excellent wildlife viewing all over the year. With more than two million wildebeest, half a million Thomson’s gazelle, and a quarter of million Zebra,African leopard, Black Rhinoceros, African Buffalo,martial eagle, love birds, ostrich, secretary bird, e.t.c. it has the greatest concentration of plains game in Africa.
There you can do hot air balloon safaris, walking safari, picnicking, game drives, bush lunch/dinner can be arranged by the tour operator, maasai rock paintings, e.t.c.
- Ngorongoro Conservation Area : It is one of the Africa’s most important wildlife areas and a bold equipment in multiple land use. It is park in the Northwest Tanzania. It contains an old volcano that has collapsed and formed a crater. The steep side of the crater have become the natural enclosure for a wild variety of wildlife. It is consider to be “cradle of civilization”.
This is the best place in Tanzania to see the “Big five” and is a beautiful place to be on safari. In the crater, Lions are found in higher quantity in the world, so there is a good chance of seeing them. This is the best place in East Africa to seen a Black Rhino. There are herds of wildebeest, Zebra and lot of buffalo. Hippos and flamingos can be seen near to Lake Magadi. And many more birds and animals can be seen.
- Zanzibar Beach : The Zanzibar Island archipelago consists of the island of Zanzibar and Pemba. The island of Zanzibar is also known as Unguja. It is a major holiday destination known for its beautiful beaches. The beaches are stunning with powder white sand, shaded by palm trees. The sea is shallow, but venture further out into the sparkling, turquoise water and you will find coral reefs for great snorkelling and diving. The larger islands are lush and highly fertile and everywhere the air is suffused with the aroma of fruits and spices. It is an intoxicating, exotic atmosphere.
- Mafia Island : It is off the coast of Tanzania must be one of the hidden gems of the Indian Ocean. With white sandy beaches, dazzling aquamarine waters, and refreshingly few tourist. It draws divers and snorkelers from around the world to the undersea world protected by the Mafia Island Marine Park. The best month for diving are from October to March but the nice weather in the Mafia Island is May to October, March and April are months of heavy rain.
Mafia Island Marine Park has excellent coral garden, an abundant variety of fish and a relaxed diving atmosphere. Countless birds and over 400 species can be seen over there. It is also a traditional breeding site for the green turtle. It is also a desirable location for deep-sea fishing, especially tuna, marlin, sailfish, and other big-game fish.