The height of the bridge is ranked by the height of the deck. The height of the deck is the maximum distance from the road to the ground or water beneath. In other words, if you are going by a car over the bridge and looks down, how far does the ground look is the deck height. So, here is the list of 7 highest roadways bridge across the world:
- Liuganghe Bridge : This bridge stands at the height of 297 metres (974 ft). It is a high beam bridge in Guizhou, China. It held the record for the world’s highest bridge between 2001 and 2003. It is opened in 2001.
- Beipanjiang River 2009 Bridge : This bridge stands at the height of 318 metres (1,043 ft) above the river, and the main span of the bridge is 636 metres (2,087 ft). It is a suspension bridge in Guizhou, China. It crosses the Beipan River. It is opened in 2009.
- Aizhai Bridge : It is the sixth highest bridge in the world and the world’s fifteenth longest suspension bridge with a deck height of 350 metres (1,150 ft). This suspension bridge is on the G65-Baotou-Mamoing Expressway, Hunan, China. It is the world’s highest and longest tunnel-to tunnel bridge. It contains 1,888 lights to increase visibility at night. It is opened in 2012.
- Beipanjiang River 2003 Bridge : It is a suspension bridge on the Guanxing Highway, Guizhou Province, China at the height of 366 metres (1,201 ft) and the total length of the bridge is 388 metres (1,273 ft). It was the world’s highest bridge between 2003 and 2005. It is opened in 2003.
- Baling River Bridge : It is a suspension bridge in Guanling Country In Guizhou Province, China with the height of 375 metres (1,230 ft). The bridge spans over the Baling River Valley and it is opened in 2009. The bridge has the total length of 2,237 metres (7,339 ft).
- Baluarate Bridge : It is a cable stayed bridge in Mexico, located between the municipalities of Concordia in Sinaloa and Pueblo Nuevo in Durango, along the Durango-Mazatlán highway. The height of the bridge is 403 metres (1,322 ft) above the valley and the total length is 1,124 metres (3,688 ft). This bridge is the highest cable-stayed bridge in the world and the second highest bridge over all. It got start in the year of 2012.
- Sidu River Bridge : The Sidhu River Bridge is a suspension bridge, with a height of 496 metres (1,627 ft) crossing the valley of Sidu River near Yeasanguan in Badong Country of the Hubei Province of the People’s Republic of China. It opened the traffic in 2009, from then it is the highest bridge of the World. The total length of the bridge is 1,222 metres long (4,009 ft).